Now Available! Check out the Self-Paced schedule and time commitment here.
Apply now! Application process is exactly the same as for the Traditional Program. Select “Self-Paced” as your semester on the learner application.
Do you have previous education in Wound or Ostomy Care? You may qualify for a discount in tuition. Find out more here.
Matching Your Educational Goals to WEB WOC Coursework.
The WEB WOC Nursing Education Program recognizes the varying needs of healthcare professionals in their career development. Therefore, WEB WOC offers individual courses specializing in wound, ostomy, or continence care – so each learner can obtain the education that best suits their unique career plan. Learners are encouraged to take the Full Scope (wounds, ostomy and continence care) to maximize career potential and to better serve patients’ needs.
NEW WEB WOC expands course delivery options to increase learner control of Any Time, Any Learning. Once you have decided upon the courses you plan to include in your academic plan, identify what type of delivery approach best fits your schedule and desire for flexibility in course delivery.
WEB WOC offers 2 Program delivery options for completing the WOC Nursing Education Program:
- The Traditional Program with 16 weeks of content that includes all 3 scopes of practice and the Seminars Course (i.e. the learner continues to be able to take a single, dual, or full scope of practice). Each theory course is 4 weeks in length with specific dates for course opening and closing, live classes, assignments, quizzes, and finals. This structured learning approach has close faculty guidance and feedback.
- The Self-Paced Program is WEB WOC’s most recent addition to its delivery options. This Program was developed to allow the learner flexibility and choice related to deadlines for assignments, quizzes, and finals. The learner receives twice as much time to complete theory (approximately 8 weeks per course) with less faculty guidance. Faculty feedback remains an important aspect of learning in this approach but is less frequent that in the Traditional Program. For learners who desire more control over their schedules, this may be their best option.
Which option is best for you depends upon numerous learner preferences and their schedules. The learner who needs a schedule with deadlines set by the faculty member and closer contact with faculty to stay on track or to deal with special learning issues, will likely learn best within the traditional program. For learners who desire a more flexible schedule with less faculty input, the self-paced option may prove ideal. The self-paced option is useful for learners who want to determine how quickly they will complete the Program (as long as it does not exceed course deadline).
Here are some characteristics of a Self-Paced Learner:
- I am able to direct my own schedule and complete assignments prior to deadlines. I am NOT a procrastinator.
- I want to determine ‘how quickly’ I complete the course (cannot exceed course deadline).
- I need flexibility in my schedule so I can complete my education when it fits in my busy schedule.
- I am a focus learner and able to understand most things on my own.
- I have some knowledge and background to wound, ostomy, or continence issues.
- I have time to devote to studying more than usual and plan to finish course work early, or I want to have more time to complete the content “just in case” I need it.
If answer “yes” to most of these questions; Self-pace educational option may be for YOU. Contact Admissions with any questions!